Pages

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Fancy Wedding Adjustments


*Note! It’s a Double Fancy Day! Run yourself over to In The Powder Room and take a look. It’s ME! In LIGHTS! Holy Moly!*

Ah Kate has done it again, hasn’t she? In honour of the Royal Wedding, this week’s Listography is simply about 5 things I would change about my Fancy Wedding if I could go back and do it again. Do I really have to come up with 5? My wedding was damn near perfect and one of the greatest weeks of my life. (Yes, t’was a 4 day party. Fancy style.) But if I really, really have to…
  • Don’t wake up hungover. I had this fantasy that on the day of my wedding I would sleep until noon and wake feeling fresh and well rested. I would then spend 2 hours in the gym and enjoy some room service before the champagne began to flow. Reality? Woke up with the feeling that a squirrel had shat in my mouth during the night. There was a half-drunk glass of champagne skillfully balanced in my pillow-propped hand. And my bleary-eyed college gal pal was lying next to me, looking equally bewildered. Fast forward to room service.

  • Hire a dancer with a better sense of undergarments. As part of our “pre-wedding” festivities, we hired some local dancers to entertain our guests. They were fabulous. Except for the lead dancer’s VPL (that’s visible panty lines to those not in the know). It was so bloody distracting and pretty much all I could focus on. She should have known better.

  • Insist on a chicken dance. I was overruled.

  • Eat more at the reception. How could I know that I was facing a month of Tahiti Tummy? That my honeymoon would largely consist of racing each other to the toilet after meals? No, Frau Fancy was too busy chatting up her guests to actually eat that fillet steak or really, really have a go at the dessert trolleys. Shame.

  • And speaking of a honeymoon, find an island without Blackberry reception. Seriously, there must be at least one, deep in the South Pacific. C’mon.


Alrighty, I’ve managed 5. So pop on over to Kate and see what everyone else has to say. Right after you’ve visited my debut article on In The Powder Room. Oh, you’ve got some hopping to do. Now scram! 

14 comments:

  1. I must say those five seemed to roll out quite nicely - not so tricky after all huh? Though I'm not sure missing out on the chicken dance rates as highly as your best friend making your wedding cake and designing it bewilderingly with green plastic soldiers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you didn't get to do the chicken dance... Embarrassingly it was played twice at our wedding.

    Sounds like a fantastic wedding!

    Also - why the green plastic soldiers Kate? Bizarre or a private joke???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved a 4 day party :) . No chicken dance?? very distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely agree with eating more at the reception. Not so sure about the chicken dance though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds a cool day - but no chicken dance? Deary me! And the dancer with the VPL? Such bad taste. I wanted balloons at my son's wedding and was overruled by my daughter in law. Now I know who rules!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one eats enough at their wedding I think. I had 2 different plates and probably only had 2 bites. I kept putting it down on the ground (it was the opposite of fancy - buffet and no tables or chairs) somewhere and one of the waiting staff would take it away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what about the banana dance? PEEL the banana PEEL PEEL the banana!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just been over to read your powder room debut - brilliant! loved the wedding adjustments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog and had a good read, really interesting.

    You so should have eaten the steak at your weddng! yum

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally missed all my food as well. And that hungover feeling - oh I know it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. FOUR days of festivities?! FOUR days?! Seriously, every time I think you can't get any more fancy you just blow me out of the water with your fanciness. Great ITPR piece by the way. Have a nice day...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nobody looks good doing the chicken dance.

    Nobody.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally missed all my food as well. And that hungover feeling - oh I know it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds a cool day - but no chicken dance? Deary me! And the dancer with the VPL? Such bad taste. I wanted balloons at my son's wedding and was overruled by my daughter in law. Now I know who rules!

    ReplyDelete