Pages

Friday 18 February 2011

Fancy Gifts


Like I said, a lot of Fancy Therapy time goes into learning how to help H not be a dope. FT wanted to know what H got me for Valentine’s. I actually peed myself. “Are you joking?” I asked Rainman. Here’s what our “gift exchange” was like:

With great ado, I reached into my bag while we were waiting for our starters. I handed him an envelope marked #1. “Do you know where this is?”
“Uh, England. I’m saying England.” That’s a reasonable guess. Fine.

“Number 2?”

“That’s a cooking course! I’m going on a cooking course!” Brilliant.

"Okay, Fine. Still no clue? Here's #3."

“Wow! Am I going to Raymond Blanc’s cooking school? I didn’t even know he had one.”

“Not just that! We’re going for the whole weekend! We’re eating in his restaurant twice and cooking all morning. I got us a suite. And the kids are staying in London with the Nannies!” (I actually had booked a 2nd room for Nanny #2 but realized that asking her to come with us and spend 2 days chasing toddlers around a Fancy Hotel is just mean. She’d rather be home, where the baby gates and high chairs are, don’t you think? We’re only an hour away for heaven’s sake.)

“That’s a great present. Oh that’s going to be really, really awesome. Thanks!”

Sitting back I waited, knowing what was coming but needing him to say it.
“And me?”

“Um, I have an idea! Why don’t you come with me on the course?” he exclaimed with almost believable surprise at his sudden brilliance.

“Dude. It’s a romantic weekend away. I’m going with you, by definition.”

 “Ha. Well then I guess it’s really a gift for both of us isn’t it? How about I pay for your half and that’s my gift.” And then with a look of complete self-satisfaction he tucked into his terrine.

FT has a lot of work to do, hasn’t he?

By the way, don't let Kate's amazing post put you off! The Giveaway is still open through the weekend. Show me your Fancy!



6 comments:

  1. pretty fancy cinders
    enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I peed myself, too. Hillarious post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you actually said "Dude" to him. I mean in that tone, like "really, really?". It cracks me up thinking of that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now, I guess you will have to buy a fancy necklace to wear on your weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very fancy treat indeed, have you been on the weekend? As to the baby butt cream I say give it a go! Won't look so fancy on your dressing table so it might have to have a disguise...It's sod's law the good stuff makes your skin break out! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you actually said "Dude" to him. I mean in that tone, like "really, really?". It cracks me up thinking of that. :-)

    ReplyDelete