Pages

Friday 6 May 2011

Fancy Frocks


**Warning: pregnant women, those with a delicate constitution, individuals who were recently immunized or had abdominal surgery, Tea Party members and anyone drinking a diet Coke at this very moment may wish to look away now. **


As you might recall, Fancy here wasn't terribly hip in high school. I never got invited to Homecoming. Good thing since it might have interfered with my Science Team competitions. Yes, I was that awesome. I did, however, go to Senior Prom. My mom helped me pick out a great dress. It was white and black and had a big (I'm talking 2 feet) bow across the middle. It was actually supposed to look like a wrapped package (oh, I don't think she realized the implications of that, dear Mom!). I looked fabulous. And my date was lead trumpet in the band. We were, quite possibly, the coolest couple there. (And by "couple" I mean "Science Team squad members.")

Anyway, searching for some way to get in on This Mid-30's Life's meme "Frocked" I came across some fabulous prom dresses. Did you know there are whole websites dedicated to bad dress choices? Yes, that's how rampant poor taste has become. In fact, when I'm done writing this I'm going to go downstairs and ask the Nanny to teach the children the meaning of the word, "tacky." And whether they go to prom or compete at the Periodic Table competition, I'll make sure they have a good stylist.

So, back to the point. The one dress that made me actually laugh out loud, pee myself a little and nearly vomit at the same time? Here you go. There are no words. I've nothing else to say. You're welcome.

23 comments:

  1. I so want to paint a smiley face on it and add a wig.

    I wonder if it has a peek a boo backside to match?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm... I just, no wait, I can't, I can't talk.

    I just don't have any words. None. No words.

    Oh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahahahha. AHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHA. HAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA. OMG. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's......... special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Mid 30s Life. No words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. most odd, its a photo you have to study to work out what is going on. I was naively bemused and yet somehow quietly impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first thing I saw was the picture and I had to check and make sure it was in fact your blog. Very, very disturbing, yet I can't stop looking at it.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is possibly one of the best things I've ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to admit there was just one very tiny second where I wondered if you'd posted a picture of yourself :-)

    I was also quite disturbed to see your Avatar ( is that the right word ? ) on a pair of pull ups.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just so freaking glad they didn't have digital cameras and the internet when I was a teenager, is all I have to say for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hell?! Wow. Train wreck doesn't cover it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH. MY. GOD that's the funniest outfit I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BUT would have loved to have seen your dress - the one you described...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I got nothing. Shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an extra from Alien or something right? I think she may about to become an internet sensation...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa. *makes stink-eye face*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear me! That's just tacky/horrible on a global scale.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't look away! AAARRRGGGHHH.
    I'm not sure "Tacky" quite covers it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am just so freaking glad they didn't have digital cameras and the internet when I was a teenager, is all I have to say for myself!

    ReplyDelete