Pages

Thursday 5 May 2011

Fancy Pleasures



This week’s Listography courtesy of Kate is one that Fancy here can really dig her teeth into. After all, when one has multiple employees, it gives one plenty of time to pursue those activities--be it cultural, educational, professional or involving a video game--which one truly enjoys.  My life is all about pleasure! But simple pleasures? What does that mean? I tried to look it up. There is no online dictionary definition for “simple pleasures.” At least that I could find. One article defined it as “free” and another as “unexpected.”

Oh and it’s the name of Bobby McFerrin’s 4th album. Yes, the man who brought us “Don’t Worry, Be Happy,” knows a thing or two about simple pleasures.

Anyhoo, back to me. Fancy simple pleasures?

Free crap. Fruit baskets in hotels, complimentary bottles of beer with my takeout. Whatever. Fancy loves, loves, loves free shit. Does that shock you? I know. But it’s leftover from when Fancy wasn’t. I can’t help it.

A properly made bed. Crisp sheets, perfectly ironed duvet. No wet towel thrown across it or ass marks from someone plunking himself down on a perfectly made bed to pull his socks on. Doesn’t he know that the Housekeeper went to a lot of work to make the bed look that nice?

The Princess’s little bitty hands squeezing my shoulder to patting my cheek. So soft and tiny yet amazingly powerful and sharp. Like little talons. I wish they could stay so small forever. But then I guess she would look weird as an adult, wouldn’t she? I mean, assuming the rest of her grew.

Tough Cookie’s laugh. I’m not sure what is so funny, but clearly it is. So much so that her whole body has to double over and her pudgy hands have to rest on her knees while she chuckles and guffaws. I hope her whole life is that awesome.

Booze in the morning. Airplane lounges are good for this. There’s no such thing as “noon” in airplane land. Yes, I’ll have another glass of champagne. Thank you.

And there you have it. Off to lunch at Costco’s. They’re probably handing out some awesome samples today….


7 comments:

  1. Yes!! It's not just me with a penchant for a well made bed and good sheets. My husband does not get it and has no respect - chucking his stuff all over it. Nooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nothing like an 8am glass of bubbles is there? But ironed bedsheets?? Not round here I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lunch at Costco's - awesome. Yes, I'll take a well-made bed - or a made bed - and free shit is da bomb. I loaded up on as much as possible at Sephora yesterday. Who cares if I don't need another hair masque?

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you can grow a beard in 5 mins you can get extra samples

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to do booze in the morning but I'd worry about not stopping throughout the day. Slippery slope etc etc

    With you on the properly made bed. Clean sheets and everything! Bliss :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the airport boozing. I know you've got to try and stay hydrated when flying and all that, but nothing makes flying with two under 5s easier than a cocktail at 10am. To hell with your frowns - it's always 5 o'clock somewhere, etc etc

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the airport boozing. I know you've got to try and stay hydrated when flying and all that, but nothing makes flying with two under 5s easier than a cocktail at 10am. To hell with your frowns - it's always 5 o'clock somewhere, etc etc

    ReplyDelete