I feel a bit like Oprah. Kate Takes 5 wants to know what Fancy can’t live without? Like my most loved products? Now, don’t all go rushing to look under your seats for the keys to a new car or anything. This is just a list. Not a giveaway. And technically these aren’t all “products” in the truest sense. But throw me a bone. I’m more of a “big thinker.” So, back to Frau Fancy’s Favorites: (drum roll)
- Amazon.co.uk! Wheel falls off the Fancy Pram? New one delivered by 1pm the next day. Don’t know what to send as a thank you after a dinner party? Try a mandoline slicer! With gift wrap! There is no reason whatsoever to set foot in a shop again. Unless it is to go try on evening gowns. Amazon doesn’t do those.
- My computer. My poor little MacBook Air, with the little food crumbs stuck to the keys and the dried up drops of red wine across his top. I love you, Mackie. You’re my best friend.
- Flash Wipes. Baby Wipes. Tooth Wipes. Stain Wipes. In other words, WIPES! Love them. Can’t go anywhere without them. What did we do before wipes? I think it involved a spray bottle and paper towels. How barbarian. Wipes are so much more refined.
- My Star Alliance Gold card. First class check in, even when I’m sitting in back. Lounge access all the time. A look of deep respect from the airline staff. Free wine. The day that envelope arrived in the mail, well, that was really a stand alone moment in Fancy’s life.
- Booze! Can’t get the bottle open fast enough once the Minis have drifted off. Okay, I’m lying. No, not about struggling with the opener. I just don’t always wait until they are in bed. I just can’t wait until they are old enough to go pour me a refill. There's just something about that glass at the end of the day that says, "Congratulations. You survived yet again."
And there you have it. None of them necessary to my survival, not one thing on that list more important than my little girls, H, or my family. But lovely little slices of happiness all the same.