*Note! It’s a Double Fancy Day! Run yourself over to In The Powder Room and take a look. It’s ME! In LIGHTS! Holy Moly!*
Ah Kate has done it again, hasn’t she? In honour of the Royal Wedding, this week’s Listography is simply about 5 things I would change about my Fancy Wedding if I could go back and do it again. Do I really have to come up with 5? My wedding was damn near perfect and one of the greatest weeks of my life. (Yes, t’was a 4 day party. Fancy style.) But if I really, really have to…
- Don’t wake up hungover. I had this fantasy that on the day of my wedding I would sleep until noon and wake feeling fresh and well rested. I would then spend 2 hours in the gym and enjoy some room service before the champagne began to flow. Reality? Woke up with the feeling that a squirrel had shat in my mouth during the night. There was a half-drunk glass of champagne skillfully balanced in my pillow-propped hand. And my bleary-eyed college gal pal was lying next to me, looking equally bewildered. Fast forward to room service.
- Hire a dancer with a better sense of undergarments. As part of our “pre-wedding” festivities, we hired some local dancers to entertain our guests. They were fabulous. Except for the lead dancer’s VPL (that’s visible panty lines to those not in the know). It was so bloody distracting and pretty much all I could focus on. She should have known better.
- Insist on a chicken dance. I was overruled.
- Eat more at the reception. How could I know that I was facing a month of Tahiti Tummy? That my honeymoon would largely consist of racing each other to the toilet after meals? No, Frau Fancy was too busy chatting up her guests to actually eat that fillet steak or really, really have a go at the dessert trolleys. Shame.
- And speaking of a honeymoon, find an island without Blackberry reception. Seriously, there must be at least one, deep in the South Pacific. C’mon.